Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Hot Flashes and Costa Rica

Hello All,

So, I decided to start a blog. I'm not sure if anyone will read it, but I though it was a great way to stay in touch.

As you all know I have just been diagnosed with Systemic Lupus Nephritis. I won't get into the details, as a lot of you have the internet (http://tinyurl.com/2afpxxu) or me to ask! I really want this blog to be about my journey and my experiences; not just boring medical information.

Okay, so we will start with my brief Lupus update:Today was my first day of chemotherapy/cytoxan (http://tinyurl.com/2ej7l8b) treatment. A lot of folks were surprised that I needed this sort of "cancer" treatment. Chemotherapy is used for many different diseases, particulary I need it for my kidney failure. It went well. I felt pretty exhausted and out of it. But all together-just fine. Next, I am recieving what's called "Lupron", it's a shot. I get to start a temporary Menopause! Yeah! :) This temporary menopause will protect my ovaries during my cytoxan treatment. Yes Yes, this means no periods (awesome!), hot flashes, and hormonal craziness! I will be doing hormonal replacement next year. It feels weird. But all of this will keep my ol' ovaries safe and able to get pregnant in the near future.

_____________________________________________________

Now, exciting stuff! Matt(my love) and I will be embarking on our Costa Rica Adventure approximately 3am August 1st 2010. I have not had a real vacation in years. I have been sick for every vacation time since August of last year. I cannot explain how much I am looking forward to the sweet release of the stress and just love my environment. No law school, no phones, no computers, no Toledo! The last time I really felt this release was with Marita in our Eastern Europe Adventures.

Well, I do not want my first blog to be forever long. I will be adding photos, a better background real soon. Please feel free to make suggestions, comment. I am sending you this link because I care about you. I care what you have say. I hope it will give some an opportunity to re-connect.

Till then!

---

9 comments:

  1. Have so, so much fun! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is the beginning of a beautiful blog-friendship. (guess who's g'wine fishin' here in a bit...!) Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your are my favorite daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw, sookie! costa rica, bay-bee! i am so happy (read:jealous) for u. glad to hear the treatment is going well so far. i love, love, love ya! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. awe shucks! thanks all ;) muwaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm gonna miss u both-my parents- have a great time. Don't do any thinking- just relax!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a great time! Live in the moment, laugh a lot and you can make these memories your place to go on those hormonal days! Can't think of anyone better to enjoy this trip with you. Love you both! Can't wait to hear about your trip and see pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have SO much fun and enjoy yourselves!! You are gonna show that poopy Lupus who's boss Mia, and kick it out!!! Much love and prayful thought.

    ReplyDelete