Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Missing Costa Rica





I'm baack! Fresh off the boat from Costa Rica! Matt and I had two weeks of spontaneous adventures in the most beautiful country. We started off in San Jose and then headed to the Caribbean Coast, Cahuita & Puerto Viejo. We snorkeled, saw a shark!, hiked in the jungle, hike to a waterfall, saw a baby monkey and swam in the ocean everyday!



After a week in the Caribbean, we took a whole day to travel to the mountains. Here the we traded the sun for the Bosque Nuboso (cloud forests). We hiked for hours in the forest! It was absolutely breathtaking. Next, we did something I thought I'd never do...canopy tours! We zip lined 400 feet above the ground, and over 1000 feet on one the lines! At first I was terrified looking down the line high above the trees, but then with some encouragement from Matt and the tour guy, I did it! At one point, they let us go together. It was scary and wonderful. Matt and I couldn't see the end of the line because of the clouds!

Overall, it was a unforgettable time. Thanks to everyone for the well wishes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment