Monday, December 20, 2010

In more ways than one----> I . am. Done. I am done with five classes, 13 hour study days, and I am done with chemotherapy! This means I have completed one of the most difficult chapters of my life. Now that I am done with chemotherapy, I have come to realize how ugly a physical journey it had been.
I am going to never take for granted the days I can think clearly, feel emotions, see straight, laugh, and remember things! Life can be good. Three weeks ago a wonderful thing happened--MY PERIOD! --I know...why am I excited about my period? If you remember reading before, I maintained a temporary menopause with a shot called Lupron. This helped protect my ovaries during the chemo. When I ended chemo, I ended the Lupron. So I have been waiting for my period to start. I was a little worried that I had permanent menopause from the chemo--but no such thing! I am back to cramps and PMS, and I am happy to be dealing with it.
Back in November, I help organize a fundraiser. It was called "Lupusoid". Tons of people came to eat, buy donated-wonderful-awesome art, listen to music and tip Matt at the bar-we raised about 2500 bucks! Besides the money, just the immense amount of love and support I felt was beautiful. It made me realize how much I locked myself away during this journey with Lupus. Most of my classmates and those in my community had no idea what I was going through. I really had shut down. I blame it on myself and my struggle with dealing with the chemicals in my body.
BUT Now, I have laughed to tears almost everyday. I haven't done this in a long time! I also have not been sick-hospital or doctors- since I started my treatments! My kidneys are almost functioning normally..Yeah!
This is perfect timing for the Holiday Cheer! I wish everyone and anyone peace, health, and love these holidays and through the New Year. Thank you for reading and consistently making me feel loved. It really helped to have a space to freely talk about my experiences.

with love and gratitude--
Mia g.

No comments:

Post a Comment